How to apply
Applications open twice a year. Choose your application window according to the planned beginning of your studies:
- 15 July – 15 November if you plan to begin your studies in the spring semester, or
- 1 September – 30 April if you plan to start in the fall.
To apply, fill out the application form found on the Masaryk University website. Include the following documents:
- A structured CV;
- A motivation letter summarizing your experience in the area of study thus far and outlining your motivations and future plans;
- Academic records from your previous studies: official transcripts, a copy of bachelor's diploma;
- A certificate confirming your English proficiency;
- A letter of recommendation written by a former university or college teacher.
The admission process may involve an interview (usually conducted via Zoom) where the applicant would discuss with the selection committee his/her background as well as one of the following three texts:
- Buzan, Barry, Ole Waever, and Jaap de Wilde. Security: A New Framework for Analysis (Boulder, CO: Lynne Reinner Publishers, 1998), Chapter 2.
- Collier, Paul, and Anke Hoeffler. “Greed and Grievance in Civil War.” Oxford Economic Papers 56(4): 2004, pp. 563-595.
- Fukuyama, Francis. The End of History? The National Interest (16): 1989, pp. 3-18.
If you do not have access to the above texts, we will send them to you upon request.
Please note that all the required materials must be in English. A diploma or transcripts not issued in English, Czech or Slovak should be accompanied by an official English language translation, stamped and signed by an authorized translator or university office.