How to apply?
Applying to study with us is easy. Everything is done online.
You can apply twice a year: between 1 September and 15 November if you want to start your studies in the spring semester. Or between 1 February and 30 April if you plan to start in the autumn.
In order to apply, you need to fill in the application form on the Masaryk University website properly and provide the following documents:
- a structured CV
- a motivation letter summarizing your experience with the topic of study so far and outlining your future steps and motivations
- academic records of your previous studies (i.e. transcript of marks, bachelor's diploma, etc.)
- a certificate confirming your English proficiency,
- a letter of recommendation by a former university or college teacher.
The admissions process may then include an online interview (usually conducted via Zoom) where the applicant should be able to present herself and discuss one of the following three texts with the committee:
- Buzan, Barry, Ole Waever, and Jaap de Wilde. Security: A New Framework for Analysis (Boulder, CO: Lynne Reinner Publishers, 1998), Chapter 2.
- Collier, Paul, and Anke Hoeffler. “Greed and Grievance in Civil War.” Oxford Economic Papers 56(4): 2004, pp. 563-595.
- Fukuyama, Francis. The End of History? The National Interest (16): 1989, pp. 3-18.
Please note: All the required materials must be in English. A diploma or transcript of records not issued in English, Czech or Slovak should be accompanied by an official English language translation, stamped and signed by an authorised translator or university office.
If you should not have access to the above mentioned texts, we will send them to you upon request.